A collaboration beer, an extraordinaty experiment: re-inventing the classic Mild Ale… You’re not doing it right.
BEER: Black Infusion
Brewery: Crak in collaboration with Magic Rock Brewing
Alcol % vol.: 4
Service temperature: 8-12° C
Notes: USA hop Azacca, UK hop Pioneer, Fruit Infusion (red orange and red currant)
- Foam: beige color, mid persistence. Beautiful Bruxelles lace
- Appearance: deep brown color, opaque, amber reflection.
- Effervescence: medium.
- Scent/ olfactory sensation: luscious, intense and complex. Dry roasted grain, caramel and sweet biscuit, berry jam, blueberry soft cake, dried orange peel, ripe red fruit, hints of smoke and hops. A kind of cheesecake, very pleasant, inviting.
- Tactile sensation: slight body, medium/ low carbonation.
- Taste: tasty sweet, moderate and non-sticky. Gently bitterness and elegant dry sensation.
- Olfacto-Gustatory sensation/ back aroma: well balanced, exactly as the nose. The dry sensation (roast malt, coffee, hops) equilibrates the sweet taste and the ripe fruit notes. The back aroma persistence is long, dry, a little smoky.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: interesting and different Mild, very drinkable, complex and fumee. I really appreciate this outstanding beer!
FOOD PAIRING: smoked grilled beef.
VEG FOOD PAIRING: pasta seasoned with smoked scamorza cheese or other smoked cheese… OMG, I need to pair it with a cheese cake with warm currant sauce…