Warm hints of caramel and biscuit. Soft texture, intense flavour, rich honey aftertaste. Are you looking for a delicious and quick beer-bread recipe? Great: you are in the right place! Let’s cook a tasteful, easy bread with Italian Bock beer and Italian honey.
No, this is not another boring beer tasting. This post is a recipe of delicious homemade bread, made with beer. If you like the sweet hints of honey, a pretty strong malty, nutty, biscuit taste, you will fell in love with a soft and warm slice of this Bock beer and honey bread.
Ready? Let’s bake!
Total time: about 4 hours
Ingredients: (for a 750 gr/ 27 oz bun)
- Bock beer- 330 ml/ 12 oz
- Warm water- 280 ml/ 10 oz
- Extra virgin olive oil- 30 gr/ 1 oz
- Honey- 15 gr/ 0,5 oz (if you prefer a softer honey aroma, rearrange: half honey, and half sugar). I choose chestnut honey of a local beekeeper. #supportlocal!
- Salt- 15 gr/ 0,5 oz
- 0 Wheat flour- 300 gr/ 10,5 oz
- Wholegrain flour- 180 gr/ 6,30 oz
- Yeast- 20 gr/ 0,7 oz
- Poppy seeds, soft toasted sesame seeds (if you want, you can add other types of healthy seeds!)- 30 gr/ 1 oz
- Boil the Bock beer for about 5 minutes (the alcohol will evaporate).
- In a big bowl add the warm water to the warm beer.
- Add the ingredients exactly as in the order you read above, in the Ingredients list (it’s pretty easy, nah?)
- The dough must then be left to rise in the bowl for a minimum of one hour. Cover the bowl with a clean cotton mop.
- Knead the dough.
- Put the dough in an oven pan and cover it with the mop.
- Let it leave for about 1 hour (you can repeat leaving and kneading for 5 times if you want a more digestible, softer bun).
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Baked to 220°C for 20 minutes, then reduces to 200°C for 30/40 minutes. As always, take a look at the bun! Different ovens work differently, so watch the bread crust colour: when you see a golden-brown crust, the Bock beer & honey bread is ready!